It’s coming up on Easter season at Beaver Creek — come join us! Here are the scheduled activities, updated and revised in the April newsletter:
- On Saturday, April 6 at 6 p.m., we will have the first of our three Lenten campfires. The Fidelis Class will host and will offer pizza as a main course. You’re welcome to bring a side dish if you wish. Each of the three campfires will feature singing and devotions appropriate to the season.
- In the church kitchen at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 10, we’ll be making Communion bread from the traditional recipe. Volunteers are welcome and no experience is necessary!
April 12 at 6 p.m. the youth will gather at the church for an overnight lock-in. (Bring sleeping bags and any needed personal items.) They’ll be making chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs. A signup sheet will be available and the eggs may be picked up April 14. See Chris Dastoli if you have questions.Update: Because of schedule conflicts, the chocolate-covered peanut butter egg making has been moved to 9 a.m. on April 19, Good Friday. There will be no overnight lock-in. Eggs will be ready for pickup Saturday and Easter Sunday. If you’d prefer delivery, contact Theresa Eckard.
- Our second Lenten campfire is set for Saturday, April 13 at 6 p.m. The Outreach Sunday School class will host and will provide a main course for the carry-in. Side dishes are welcome.
- In 11 a.m. morning worship April 14, we will observe Palm Sunday. Palm fronds will be distributed by the children. Then at 7 p.m. we will have our full Love Feast and communion. Check with Deacon chair Bill Wood if you need a ride.
- The final of our campfires occurs on Good Friday evening, Friday, April 19 at 6 p.m. The Over and Wood families will host a carry-in and will offer Good Friday devotions and songs. Bring a hot and a cold dish to share, or just bring yourself!
- There will be an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 20, at 10 a.m. at the church sponsored by the Fellowship Focus Team. All kids are invited. Participants should bring a basket and six filled plastic candy eggs to contribute to the cause.
- We will gather at 7 a.m. in the southwestern corner of the cemetery for an Easter sunrise service led by Lynne Miller Lent and Daniel Over on behalf of the Young Adult group. Bring a lawn chair and celebrate the joy of Easter!
- Immediately after the sunrise service, Deanne Dastoli and the Fellowship Focus Team will be serving breakfast. This is a great time to be with Beaver Creek friends and family.
- Our Easter Sunday 11 a.m. worship will feature the Adult Choir singing “Calvary’s Love: Christ’s Sacrifice and Triumph” by Lloyd Larson and Jay Rouse. This stirring cantata tells the Easter story using song and the spoken word. Lynne Miller Lent will be serving as worship leader. Pre-purchased lilies will decorate the sanctuary for Easter morning and then will be available for pickup afterward.
There’s more in the newsletter, including a calendar of events, Men’s Fellowship news and Pastor Elaine’s reflections for Lent. Here’s that link again: April 2019 newsletter.
Activities point to Easter