Our March events point to Easter on April 1, when we celebrate new life in Jesus Christ, who rose from death on the first Easter Sunday. Here are planned events as listed in our online newsletter:
- Every Sunday through March 23, we will be observing Lent in worship. Pastor Elaine will be featuring the lament Psalms in her messages.
- We will be having Lenten campfires on March 17, 24 and 31, with a light meal at 5 p.m. and vespers starting at 6 p.m. A food item such as barbecue or hot dogs will be provided, along with drinks and table service. You may bring a dish to share, or just bring yourself! We will be meeting at the fire pit by the picnic shelter.
- Communion bread making will be held in the church kitchen by the Deacons on March 21 at 6 p.m. All are welcome to help!
- The youth will be making traditional chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs with an overnight lock-in on March 23 and 24. An order sheet will be available. The finished eggs will be available for pickup on March 25.
- We will have a Love Feast with full communion on Palm Sunday, March 25, at 7 p.m. The service includes scripture readings and meditations about the servanthood of Jesus Christ, a symbolic meal and bread and cup communion. If you have never attended Love Feast before, you’re especially invited to participate or observer. Those who need a ride to participate should contact Deacon chair Bill Wood.
- There will be an Easter egg hunt for the kids on March 31, the Saturday before Easter, at 10 a.m. Participants should bring six filled plastic eggs and a snack to share. A signup sheet will be available in the church foyer. Beaver Creek kids and friends are welcome.
- Our Easter sunrise service will be held at 7 a.m. April 1 behind the church near the southwest corner of the cemetery. It will be followed by a sunrise breakfast sponsored by the Fellowship Focus Team.
- For our Easter Sunday worship service at 11 a.m. April 1, the sanctuary will be decorated with Easter lilies to honor or remember important people in our lives. Sign up with the form in the bulletin or call the church office to reserve lilies.
Here’s that link again: March 2018 newsletter.