Our All Church Retreat is in a new format and location this year. The festivities begin with camp setup on Friday, August 11 at Natural Chimneys Regional Park. Highlights include pool time, games, dinner at 6 p.m. Saturday at the picnic shelter and campfire vespers following. Those not camping are especially welcome to come out for these events! We will be breaking camp on Sunday morning, August 13. Regular morning worship will be held at Beaver Creek at 10:30 a.m. that day (another change from last year’s format). To volunteer to help, see Deb Hoover or Deanne Dastoli.
The retreat is just one of the highlights of the August 2017 newsletter, now available online. Other stories include:
- “Time to Be Family,” a reflection by Pastor Elaine.
- Photos from July’s Vacation Bible School.
- Photos from our outdoor worship.
- Coming events.
That link again is: August 2017 newsletter
Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
June 22, 2017
Present: Brad Eckard, Joe LaPrade, Darlene LaPrade, Diane Miller, Bill Eckard, Theresa Eckard, Jeanette Hess. Ex-officio: Elaine McGann, Dana Suter – Church Clerk. Absent: Ann Healy, Deborah Hoover, Reba Kline, and Donna Miller – Treasurer.
Brad Eckard called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm.
Diane Miller led the group in devotions and a prayer.
The minutes from last month’s meeting were approved with an addition. The LT voted to move the monthly LT meeting back to the third Thursday of each month. (more…)
Beaver Creek Church will be having Vacation Bible School July 17-20, jointly with Montezuma Church of the Brethren. (Beaver Creek hosted last year, and this year we’re the guests at Montezuma). Read about this and other stories in the July newsletter, now available online.
Here are some of those other stories:
- We’ll be having outdoor worship under the shelter July 23, followed by a carry-in picnic.
- Change comes into all of our lives, but how do we deal with it. Pastor Elaine has some thoughts for us to consider in her contribution.
- New directional signs to the church have been posted, thanks to work by the Men’s Fellowship and Facilities Team.
Here’s that link again: July 2017 newsletter.