The Men’s Fellowship at Beaver Creek Church is having a chicken barbecue this Saturday, April 15, to support its service and outreach activities. The chicken will be hot off the grill starting about 9 a.m., with pickup locations at the Montezuma Ruritan Park and downtown Bridgewater. Just look for our colorful sign!
Beaver Creek Church’s April newsletter is now available online, with highlights of our Easter celebration:
- Wednesday, April 5, at 6 p.m. we meet in the church kitchen to make Communion bread for the Palm Sunday Love Feast. Come join us!
- Friday, April 7, a youth lock-in begins at 6 p.m. and continues overnight with snacks, games and peanut butter egg making. A signup sheet is available in the church vestibule to reserve these chocolate-covered delights. All proceeds support youth programs.
- Saturday, April 8, 5 p.m., the last of our “Three Lenten Campfires,” with cookout food followed by singing, Scripture reading and a meditation from Pastor Glenn. Main courses will be provided, so bring a side dish or dessert and join the campfire circle at the parsonage!
- Palm Sunday worship 11 a.m. April 9. This is the day we remember when Jesus triumphantly entered Jerusalem riding on a donkey. Palm leaves will be provided as part of the service.
- Full Love Feast with communion 7 p.m. April 9. All are welcome. Baptized members of the church take part in the entire service with foot-washing, symbolic meal and communion. All others, including observers, are welcome; only the communion itself is reserved for baptized members of the church.
- Easter Sunrise Service is at 7 a.m. April 16. We will meet at Dwight Miller’s front yard, 8143 Abraham Lane, for a service led by the Outreach Sunday School class. Breakfast in the Fellowship Hall will follow.
- Easter Sunday worship at 11 a.m. April 16 will feature music from the Adult Choir, a special message from Pastor Glenn and a sanctuary decorated with Easter lilies.
. . . and more. Here’s that link again: April 2017 newsletter.
Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
February 19, 2017
Present: Brad Eckard, Bill Eckard, Joe LaPrade, Darlene LaPrade, Diane Miller, Ann Healy, Reba Kline, Theresa Eckard, Jeanette Hess. Ex-officio: Glenn Bollinger – Pastor, Dana Suter – Church Clerk. Absent: Deanne Dastoli, Donna Miller – Treasurer.
Brad Eckard called the meeting to order at 12:48 pm.
Brad led the group in devotions and Glenn had a prayer.
The minutes from last month’s meeting and the Treasurer’s report from last month’s meeting were approved. (more…)