We’ll be fully celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ this year at Beaver Creek! You are welcome at any or all of these events:
- Nov. 26: Hanging of the Greens. During the worship hour at 11 a.m. November 26, we’ll be decorating the church for the season, integrating the decorations and music with the theme of the service. Just bring yourself, or to fully participate, also bring:– an ornament for an ornament exchange
– a finger food or dessert for the carry-in meal after church
– gloves, scarves, and mittens for the Mitten Tree
– money you would spend on sending Christmas Cards (for the Salvation Army)
– a Christmas Card for the whole church
– fruit for fruit baskets for some of our older members who are unable to get around as they once did
- Sundays: Advent Music Minutes. Every Sunday November 26 through December 24, we will have Advent Music Minutes at 9:45 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. All children and youth are invited to come and sing songs of the season. The Advent Music Minute Kids will be performing “Go Tell It on the Mountain” with the adults on December 17.
- Throughout the season. Collect food items for delivery to the Stokesville Food Pantry. Suggested items are in a bulletin insert and also are available on request from the church office (540 828-4767).
- Dec. 2: Auction. On Saturday, December 2, at 7 p.m. the Women’s Fellowship presents its annual benefit Christmas Auction. Food will be available from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Come out for a selection of handicrafts, homemade foods, comforts and other unique items! All proceeds benefit the service and outreach projects of the Women’s Fellowship year-round.
- Dec. 3: First Sunday Breakfast. Nothing to bring but yourself! Join us at 9:15 a.m. for a tasty breakfast prepared by the Fellowship Team.
- Dec. 3: Hope! In morning worship at 11 a.m. December 3, we will light the candle of hope on the Advent wreath, starting the season as we reflect on the years that the world waited in hope and expectation for the promised one, the Messiah, who would reconcile us to God.
- Dec. 10: Joy! On December 10 we will focus on the joy of Christ’s coming. In morning worship at 11 a.m. we will light the joy candle.
- Dec. 10: Caroling. The choir invites all to join us for caroling in the area after the 11 a.m. worship service and a soup-and-sandwich carry-in.
- Dec. 10: Church pizza and movie night, 5 p.m.
- Dec. 17: Love! In morning worship at 11 a.m. December 17, we will light the candle of love and contemplate the mystery of God’s love in Christ. The Advent Music Minute Kids and Instant Choir will together perform “Go Tell It on the Mountain.”
- Dec. 24: Peace! Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace who came to the world to bring reconciliation. In morning worship at 11 a.m., we light the candle of peace.
- Dec. 24: Candlelight Service — At 11 p.m. on Christmas Eve we will have a special worship service, to include an open communion and candle-lighting. We will sing the songs of the season and have a special service. Then, in closing the flame of the Christ candle to pass the light to individually held candles until the entire sanctuary glows with the symbolized light of Christ.
- Dec. 25: Christmas observances in our homes.
- Dec. 31: Reflect on 2023 and ring out the old year in the 11 a.m. worship service.
- Jan. 7: Bread and cup. On the first Sunday of the New Year, bread and cup communion will be presented by the Deacons near the end of the 11 a.m. worship. This communion serves as a reminder of what the Christmas season is all about – not presents and decorations, but new life in Jesus Christ.
Celebrate the season at Beaver Creek!