RECAP: LESSONS FROM A RELUCTANT PROPHET based on Jeremiah 1
A special thank you to Lynne Lent for bringing forth the Word on Sunday!
Here are the main points:
1) When God calls you, he will equip you. God will never call you and leave you hanging. He will give you what you need to be able to follow through.
2) Your background is a platform for your calling. God will use your history and story in your ministry. Your story can reach others.
3) It’s time for us to get ready. Now is not the time to remain on the sidelines, but prepare for what’s next.
4) God is with us. When we are obedient to God, his presence will rest with us.
Questions for Reflection
1) Are you reluctant to follow God’s plan for your life? If so, why?
2) Have you felt God prompting you to do something? What is it?
3) How can your story help reach others?
4) What would help you prepare for what God desires for you to do?
This Sunday, Pastor Ryan will continue the series called “A Fresh Start” with the sermon titled, “Come Alive,” based on Ezekiel 37:1-14. How can we be rejuvenated, especially when we feel spiritually dead? And what role does the Spirit play? Come or tune in Sunday to find out!
Daily Bible Readings for May 24 – 30
May 24: 1 Kings 18:16-46 How did God try to bring a fresh start to the people through Elijah?
May 25: 2 Kings 4:8-37 How did God provide a Shunammite woman and her son a fresh start?
May 26: 2 Kings 5:1-15 How did God provide Naaman a fresh start?
May 27: 2 Kings 20:1-11 How did God provide Hezekiah a fresh start?
May 28: 2 Kings 23:1-25 How did Josiah try to help Israel find a fresh start?
May 29: Ezra 10:1-17 How did God, through Ezra, lead Israel to a fresh start?
May 30: Nehemiah 8:1-18 How did God, through Ezra and Nehemiah, lead Israel to a fresh start?
This Week’s Events:
Sunday, May 29–Deed Signing & Carry-in Meal to follow
Sunday, June 5–Pentecost Sunday & Summer hours begin
Sunday, June 5–First Sunday breakfast
Wednesday, June 8–Worship Team Meeting @ 7:30 pm
Thursday, June 16–Leadership Team Meeting @ 7 pm
Sunday, June 26–Baptism & Outdoor Worship & Communion
Sunday, June 26–Summer Vespers @ 6 pm
Summer hours return on Sunday, June 5th! Sunday School will start at 9:15, and Worship at 10:30!
Call for Worship Leaders and Children’s Story
As we look at the ability to reopen in the coming weeks, we are in need of both worship leaders and children’s stories. We are looking for one person each week, rather than a month at a time. If you would like to serve, contact Alice Over (worship leading) or Tammy Stine (children’s story).
Call to Prayer
Let us continue to pray for our nation in the following ways:
1) National return to God
2) Repentance of personal sin
3) Repentance of corporate sin
4) Healing for the brokenness of relationships
5) Our leaders
7) Guidance for our congregation in the days ahead
What do you want to see at Beaver Creek? What are some ideas you have for the long-term growth of our congregation? Any outrageous outreach ideas? Please either email Pastor Ryan or write them down and place them in the brown suggestion box in the narthex. Dream big!
If you are interested in water baptism, please email Pastor Ryan in the next few weeks!
The Christian Education Team is looking for volunteers for the nursery during the Sunday School hour next year. If you are willing to help, even if it is just for a Sunday, please reach out to her and let her know.
Four Ways to Give!
1) Mail your tithe into the church office
2) Drop it by the church office on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, 9 am – 1 pm
3) Our online giving platform: https://beavercreekchurchva.churchcenter.com/giving
4) Drop off in the offering plate on Sunday!
Continue to Keep in Prayer our members in Skilled Care Facilities: Mary G Miller, Shirley Miller, Stanley Suter & Carolyn Wine
John Bennington (health)
Sandy Bennington (health)
Samantha Cooper (health)
Patsy Dastoli (health)
Elijah Tucker Dean (health)
Natalie Dodge (health)
Bill Eckard (health)
Will Eckard (travel)
John Fix (addiction)
Cindy Heatwole (health)
Melina Hoover (COVID)
Darlene LaPrade (health)
Alma Long (COVID)
Leroy Makely (health)
Mark Martin (health)
Barbara Meadows (health)
Torrey Meyer (well-being)
Alda Miller (health)
Betty Miller (health)
Mary G Miller (health)
Marty Moore (recovery)
Tami Plaugher (health)
Lottie Ritchie (health)
Shank family (loss)
Ann Simmons (health)
Roger Simmons (health)
Crystal Smith (health)
Norma Suter (health)
Whitmore family (various)
Mary Whitmore (health)
Tom Wilfong (health)
Shelvy Wittig (health)
Joyce Wright (health)
Owen Wright (health)
Pastor Ryan Cooper
Beaver Creek Church