Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
October 15, 2020
Present: Ann Healy, Deborah Hoover, John Jordan, Joe LaPrade, Amy Saum, Zack Wampler, Brian Whitmore, Bill Wood. Ex-Officio: Ryan Cooper – Pastor, Darlene LaPrade – Church Clerk. Absent: Kenny Wheelbarger, Tess Southerly.
Zack called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. Amy opened with devotions.
The minutes from the September meeting were approved.
Calendar Roundtable: November 6 & 7 – Beaver Creek Cares, November 15 – Pastor Ryan on vacation, November 22 – Stewardship Sunday, November 29 – Modified Hanging of the Greens and Ornament Exchange after worship (more info to come), December 24 – Christmas Eve Services (7:00 p.m. & 11:00 p.m.)
The Treasurer’s report was approved.
Matters for Leadership Team:
- There will be no Chicken BBQ in October due to COVID 19.
- Beaver Creek Cares will be done in small groups. More info to come.
- Due to the cost of the bank ACH and low participation, it will be dropped after December 31, 2020.
- The Worship team made a recommendation to resume congregational singing (wearing masks and seated) the First Sunday of Advent. The recommendation was approved.
- The Ministry Team will meet on October 21, 2020.
- Pastor Ryan reported that there have been some concerns about the use of memorial donations for loved ones. Communication between the church and families of loved ones needs to be improved. There is a designated gifts policy in our church polity. Finance Team will inform families of this policy when memorials are donated.
Old Business: The Gifts and Calling Team continues to work on filling positions for the 2021 slate. This slate does not need to be approved by the Leadership Team, only the congregation. The current Deacons will continue to serve.
New Business: None
The meeting was adjourned at 7:28 p.m.
Next Meeting – November 19
Darlene LaPrade – Church Clerk