Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
June 18, 2020
Present: Ann Healy, Joe LaPrade, Zack Wampler, Kenny Wheelbarger, Bill Wood. Ex-officio: Ryan Cooper – Pastor, Darlene LaPrade – Church Clerk, Tess Southerly. Absent: Deborah Hoover, John Jordan, Amy Saum, Brian Whitmore.
Zack called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Tess opened with devotions
The minutes from the May meeting were approved.
Calendar Roundtable: August 16 – In Motion Dance will lead us in worship
The Treasurer’s report was approved.
Matters for the Leadership Team:
- Discussed the Credential Review to keep ordination current for Pastor Ryan and LaDawn Knicely . A motion was made to continue ordination for LaDawn Knicely. The motion was seconded and approved. A motion was made to continue ordination for Pastor Ryan Cooper. The motion was seconded and approved.
- Ann suggested that we have future Leadership Team meetings in person instead of through Zoom. It was decided to meet in person at the church with social distancing in July.
- Bill reported that there will be no Bread & Cup Communion in July. Love Feast will be held on Oct. 4th.
- Pastor Ryan’s vacation in May was cut short by a day due to the death of a church member. He requested to take Friday, June 19th as a vacation day. He also requested July 27 – August 2 as vacation days. John Wright will be bringing the message on August 2nd.
These requests were approved.
- Pastor Ryan is hoping to meet with the Christian Ed. Team and the Outreach Team before the next Leadership Team meeting.
- Pastor Ryan asked if the July Leadership Team meeting could be held on July 9th instead of July 16th due to a conflict for him on the 16th. It was decided to move the meeting to July 9th.
- Pastor Ryan reported that the District has requested that each church form a COVID-19 rapid response team to make decisions quickly if the need arises. The Leadership Team Chair and the Pastor will work together to make decisions if needed.
- Zack reported that he has been asked when Sunday School will resume. Pastor Ryan suggested to resume Sunday School after the state moves into Phase 3 which should be June 26th. A motion was made to allow Sunday School classes to meet on June 28th with social distancing. The motion was seconded and approved. It was noted that Sunday School classes can meet if they choose and are ready. Each class will need to find a space to meet where it will be possible to practice social distancing. Sunday School will start at 9:15 a.m.
Old Business: Joe reported that he asked Brad Eckard to work on the church newsletter. Due to Brad’s work schedule, he asked for more information before he made his decision.
Pastor Ryan is hoping to hold a Membership Class with those interested in becoming members soon.
New Business: None
The meeting was adjourned at 7:49 p.m.
Next meeting – July 9 (at the church)
Devotions – Bill Wood