Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
September 19, 2013
Present: Bill Wood, Roger Simmons, Bob Hess, Jeanette Hess, Charles Wright, Denise Shiflet, Tim Grove, Regina Harlow, Glenn Bollinger and Donna Miller.
Tim Grove called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
Charles Wright opened with devotions from James 3:13 on Wisdom.
The minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
The Treasurer’s report was distributed and approved.
- Pastor: Will be out of office November 8-10 for vacation.
- Fellowship: September 20-22 Church Retreat at Brethren Woods
- Deacons: Communion Bread making October 2 at 6:30; Love Feast October 6 at 7:00.
Focus Teams, Deacons and Pastor Concerns:
Facilities: Nothing to report
Ministry Team: Nothing to report
Finance: Nothing to report
Fellowship: Nothing to report
Outreach and Missions: Nothing to report
Christian Education: Nothing to report
Fellowship: Nothing to report
Congregational Care: Nothing to report
- District Conference November 1st and 2nd. Glenn will be speaking at 7:00 on the 1st with a district-wide Love Feast following the message.
- Springs Leadership Team. Glenn started a class on Wednesdays with David Young.
- The copier is failing in the church office. It is 13 years old and has little life left. Following much discussion, Jeanette Hess moved, Bill Wood seconded a motion that Glenn, Tess and Donna look at copier options and make a recommendation for a replacement. Motion carried.
- The Gifts and Calling Team is working on the slate for the Congregational Business Meeting.
Old Business: No old business.
- Charles presented the 2014 Budget recommendations. Regina Harlow moved that a line item of $500 for the Springs Renewal be added to the miscellaneous portion of the budget. Jeanette Hess seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Charles moved that an annual review of paid positions take place by the Leadership Team prior to the budget preparation by the Finance Team. Roger Simmons seconded the motion, and the motion carried.
- Roger Simmons moved to change the line item for Secretary to $7,000 to cover any extra time worked. Jeanette Hess seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Roger Simmons moved to add a line item to the budget to cover the cost of a new copier. Motion failed for lack of second.
- Denise Shiflet moved that a line item be added to the budget for $2000 for Office Copier Replacement. Regina Harlow seconded the motion.
- The Ministry Team presented a motion to contract Robert Alley for the “Pinch Pastor” during Glenn’s sabbatical. Charles Wright seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
- Deacon Board nominations were suggested from the group. Tim will make calls to the Deacons who are completing a term and will contact others on the list to get at least 3 units.
- A request for a special called congregational meeting on October 5 at 6:00 pm from an anonymous member was discussed. Glenn will meet with the member and suggest using the regularly scheduled congregational business meeting on October 27 for the preparation the member is asking to present.
The meeting adjourned at 9:05 pm.