We are a small church located near Bridgewater, Virginia. Our church offers weekly services, Sunday School classes for all ages, and a small caring faith community. Our church’s mission statement says: Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren is a loving, caring and authentic fellowship of believers empowered by the Holy Spirit and called to be God’s church: to worship, humbly serve others and proclaim Jesus Christ.
Worship starts at 11 a.m.*
Sunday School is at 9:45 a.m.*
Church location is 5651 Beaver Creek Road, Bridgewater, VA 22812. (See map): 540 828-2767.
*Times are 30 minutes earlier June through August: 9:15 a.m. Sunday School, 10:30 a.m. worship.
Church leadership: Our pastor is Glenn Bollinger, a graduate of Bridgewater College and Bethany Theological Seminary who has been serving with his family at Beaver Creek since 1993. The church is governed by a leadership team headed by Bill Wood. Contact us by phone at 540 828-2767 or use this contact form.
Subscribe to our Daily Bible Verses — straight to your email inbox!
Beaver Creek Church’s December 2016 newsletter is now available online. The newsletter includes highlights of our observance of Advent and Christmas, with many opportunities for all to get into the spirit of the season. Highlights include:
- Nov. 26: Chrismon tree expedition
- Nov. 27: Hope! In morning worship at 11 a.m. November 29, we will light the candle of hope on the Advent wreath, starting the season as we reflect on the years that the world waited in hope and expectation for the promised one, the Messiah, who would reconcile us to God.
- Advent Music Minutes — Every Sunday November 27 through December 18, we will have Advent Music Minutes at 9:45 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. All kids through 5th grade are invited to come and sing songs of the season.
- Nov. 27: Hanging of the Greens Sunday, Nov. 27 at 5 p.m., we will gather to decorate the church for Advent.
- Dec. 3: Auction On Saturday, December 3, at 7 p.m. the Women’s Fellowship presents its annual benefit Christmas Auction. Food will be available from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Come out for a selection of handicrafts, homemade foods, comforts and other unique items! All proceeds benefit the service and outreach projects of the Women’s Fellowship year-round.
- Dec. 4: Peace! Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace who came to the world to bring reconciliation. In morning worship at 11 a.m. December 4, we light the candle of peace on the Advent wreath. The adult choir will be singing.
- Dec. 11: Joy! On December 11 we focus on the joy of Christ’s coming. In morning worship at 11 a.m. we light the joy candle. The focus is on the joy we have in Christ.
- Dec. 18: Love! In morning worship at 11 a.m. December 18, we light the candle of love and contemplate the mystery of God’s love in Christ. The Adult Choir will present the cantata “A Noel Celebration” by Lloyd Larson. Readers are still needed; see Adrienne or Ann if you are willing to be a reader.
- Dec. 19: Caroling — The adult choir invites everyone to go caroling starting at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, December 19. Bring a dessert to share; choir members will be bringing soup and sandwiches. The plan is to meet at Bob-a-Rea’s, 305 N. Main St., Bridgewater, and then carol at the Bridgewater Home and White Birch Estates before returning to Bob-a-Rea’s for dinner. After sharing the meal, we’ll carol in the Bridgewater and Spring Creek areas.
- Dec. 24: Candlelight Service — At 11 p.m. on Christmas Eve we will have a special worship service, to include an open communion and candle-lighting. We will sing the songs of the season and have a special service. Then, in closing we will light the Christ candle on the Advent Wreath and use its flame to light individually held candles, passing the flame until the entire sanctuary glows with the symbolized light of Christ.
- Dec. 25: God with us — One of the many titles of Jesus is Emmanuel, meaning “God with us.” In morning worship at 11 a.m. on December 25, we rejoice that Christmas has fully arrived and we are reminded that God did not leave us alone, but sent his son that we might have life. Any time after Christmas, all four Advent candles – for hope, peace, joy and love – are lit, followed by the Christ candle. (Sunday School classes have the option to meet on December 25 if they wish.)
- Dec. 1: Bread and cup: What better way to start the New Year than in worship? As we start the New Year, bread and cup communion will be presented by the Deacons near the end of the 11 a.m. worship. This communion serves as a reminder of what the Christmas season is all about – not presents and decorations, but new life in Jesus Christ.
Consult the newsletter for full details and more.
Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
October 20, 2016
Present: Bill Wood, Ann Healy, Diane Miller, Brad Eckard, Theresa Eckard, Charles Wright, Darlene LaPrade, Joe LaPrade. Ex-officio: Glenn Bollinger – Pastor, Dana Suter – Church Clerk. Absent: Bill Eckard, Deanne Dastoli, and Donna Miller – Treasurer.
Bill Wood called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. Ann Healy led the group in devotions and a prayer. (more…)
Here’s a summary of the project: “Operation Christmas Child is a project of the international relief organization, Samaritan’s Purse. Our mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ.”
November 20 is shoebox collection day this year at Beaver Creek for Operation Christmas Child. Our First Sunday Offering will go toward this on November 6. For more on Operation Christmas Child, go to:
And here’s how to pack a shoebox: