We are a small church located near Bridgewater, Virginia. Our church offers weekly services, Sunday School classes for all ages, and a small caring faith community. Our church’s mission statement says: Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren is a loving, caring and authentic fellowship of believers empowered by the Holy Spirit and called to be God’s church: to worship, humbly serve others and proclaim Jesus Christ.
Worship starts at 11 a.m.*
Sunday School is at 9:45 a.m.*
Church location is 5651 Beaver Creek Road, Bridgewater, VA 22812. (See map): 540 828-2767.
*Times are 30 minutes earlier June through August: 9:15 a.m. Sunday School, 10:30 a.m. worship.
Church leadership: We are currently in a pastoral transition, with Pastor Ryan Cooper due to begin service here on November 11. The church is governed by a leadership team headed by Chris Dastoli. Contact us by phone at 540 828-2767 or use this contact form.
Subscribe to our Daily Bible Verses — straight to your email inbox!
- September 19, 2019
- September 22, 2019
- September 29, 2019
- October 1, 2019
- October 6, 2019
In a called congregational business meeting August 18, Pastor Ryan Cooper accepted a call to become pastor of Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren, effective November 11. The call followed a trial sermon, “Put Out Into the Deep,” based on Luke 5:1-11.
For more details, have a look at Beaver Creek Church’s September newsletter, now available online. Other highlights include:
- Beaver Creek honors Pastor Elaine McGann for more than two years of service as interim pastor.
- Ken Wright will be the featured speaker at our traditional Homecoming Sunday, set for September 22.
- The new Sunday School year starts, with classes for children, youth, adults and those with special needs — there’s a class for everyone!
Here’s that link again: September newsletter
Beaver Creek Church of the Brethren
Leadership Team Meeting
July 18, 2019
Present: Chris Dastoli, Deborah Hoover, Joe LaPrade, Marlin Simmons, Kenny Wheelbarger, Reba Kline. Ex-Officio: Elaine McGann – Interim Pastor, Darlene LaPrade – Church Clerk. Absent: Theresa Eckard, Amy Saum, Zack Wampler, Bill Wood, Donna Miller – Treasurer.
Chris called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Kenny opened with prayer.
The minutes from the June meeting were approved.
Calendar Roundtable: August 4 – First Sunday breakfast (8:45), August 4 – In Motion dance group will perform during the service, August 9-10 – Church camping retreat at Natural Chimneys
Beaver Creek Church’s August newsletter is now available online. Highlights include:
- Our Search Committee is recommending a pastoral candidate, with trial sermon set for August 18.
- The All Church Picnic is set for August 10 as part of the annual church retreat at Natural Chimneys Park.
- Pastor Elaine reflects on passing on our faith to others, inspired by the simple act of making pimiento cheese. This is the last of her monthly newsletter columns, as she completes service as interim pastor at the end of August.
Here’s that link again: August 2019 newsletter